When: Friday, August 24, 2018
- 11:30 a.m. with registration and appetizers
- 1:00 p.m shotgun start
- Post tournament feast by Red Hot & Blue of Laurel, MD
Glenn Dale Golf Club
11501 Old Prospect Hill Road
Glenn Dale, MD 20769
Format: a four-person scramble
- Individuals or partial teams
- Limited to 36 teams
- Putting contest – one golfer will qualify to attempt to make a putt from 50 feet to win $5,000
- Fee: $125
- (Includes Greens Fees, Cart, free Range balls, Appetizers, Welcome Package including 2018 Tournament Golf shirt, beer and soft drinks throughout play, contests/door prizes and a post-tournament feast.)
- Download form for mail-in registration
We hope you will be able to join us on August 24th for this exciting and worthwhile event. The proceeds from this tournament will help Fidos achieve our mission to improve the quality of life for residents of the Baltimore-Washington community through the use of specially trained Hearing Dogs to assist individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing, Service Dogs to assist individuals with a mobility impairment and veterans with PTSD. The Fidos Therapy Dogs visit patients in local health care facilities. In addition the Therapy Dogs participate in an exciting program called DEAR (Dogs Educating and Assisting Readers) that is a one-on-one reading tutorial program that teams a handler and a dog with a student who could benefit from this program.
We also invite you to become one of the event’s corporate sponsors. More information available.
Dollars Raised Go to Work at Fidos to:
Improve the quality of life for persons with disabilities by partnering them with specially trained assistance dogs. As an example, only $275 can:
- Ensure proper veterinary care for one of our assistance dogs for six months
- Feed one of our puppies for five months
- Maintain state of the art training techniques for puppy raisers and trainers
- Support the Fidos Prison Puppy Program
- Provide the necessary equipment and supplies a person with a disability or hearing loss needs to begin as a full fledged working team
- Help Fidos For Freedom continue to maintain its accredited status with Assistance Dogs, International
Increase the quality of life for people in healthcare settings by means of therapy dogs that offer affectionate companionship to the people they visit. Your gift of $85 means:
- Fidos Therapy Dogs have the equipment and supplies they need to do their jobs in the Baltimore Washington area
- Fidos Therapy Dog have a place to practice the skills it needs to provide unconditional love to a person in a hospital or nursing home
If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 301-490-4005.
For more than 25 years, Fidos For Freedom has increased the quality of life and provided companionship to people in our Baltimore-Washington community through specially trained service dogs, hearing dogs, and therapy dogs.
Visit us on Facebook